The old rustic countryside has its own charm. The untouched beauty of the old wooden houses, vast fields, water streams and aroma in the air connects to your heart & soul.
The clay ovens and the open barbeque makes you go weak in your knees as you desire to take a bite of all those beautiful dishes.Its a proven fact that you eat more merrily and heartily at such places without sacrificing your health.
Keeping the purity of countryside in mind and getting back to the old classic recipes, I would like to share Shepherd's Pie with all of you.
- Preheat the oven at 200*C for about 15 mins before cooking.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the onions, carrot and celery. Cook over a medium heat for 8-10 mins until softened and starting to brown.
- Add the thyme/coriander and cook for a min. Add lamb and tomatoe puree. Mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper and let it cook for about 20-25 mins till the lamb is perfectly cooked and dried.
- Remove from heat and keep aside
- Meanwhile, boil the potatoes until tender. Peel and let them dry out.
- In a bowl, mash them till creamy, adding milk, butter ,parsley/coriander.
- Season with salt,pepper and italian seasoning mix as per your taste
- Transfer the mince mixture to a shallow ovenproof dish. Spoon the mash potatoes over the filling and spread evenly to cover completely.
- Fork the surface, place on a baking sheet, then cook in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes until the potatoe topping is browned and the filling is piping hot.
- Garnish with herbs, seasoning or cheese and serve.