"Saffron Modaks" - Sweet Dumplings
- Heat ghee in a non stick pan and saute the khoya till it turns light pink and you can get the roasted smell
- Remove from heat and let it cool
- Add sugar, cardamom powder and soaked saffron to the cooled khoya and knead the mixture
- Keep it in the fridge for an hour so it becomes firm and easy to shape
- Make small round balls of the mixture and shape them into modaks ( Refer to the pic above). You can use a modak mould too to shape them.
- Chill for an hour and then serve.