- Seive both the flours in a bowl with baking powder and soda bi carb.
- Add carrots and raisins and mix well.
- Beat butter, vanilla essence and sugar till light and fluffy.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture slowly and mix well. You will get a thick lumpy batter
- Add banana puree to the mixture and mix. Add little milk and mix well. You need to add as much milk that will give you a smooth cake batter.
- Preheat the oven at 160*C for ten minutes before baking
- Line muffin moulds or cupcake moulds with butter paper. Add the muffin batter to each mould till 3/4 full. Bake at 160*C for 30 minutes till golden and cooked.
- Garnish with grated carrot and serve warm
Tuesday, 4 December 2012
" Banana & Carrot Muffins - Eggless "
Have yourself a merry little Christmas.
Let your heart be light,
From now on our troubles
Will be out of sight.
Christmas is coming nearer and the excitement to celebrate the festival has already begun. Rum cakes preparation is going on, carols are playing and everyone is looking forward to the party season. So what are we waiting for??? Lets start the month with some yummy sweet treats and enjoy with our family and friends.
Today I am sharing a simple yet yummm Banana & Carrot Muffin recipe. Its eggless and has the goodness of whole wheat ( pssst less calories ;) ) ..
Will post more yummy Xmas recipes this month and I hope you all will like them. Enjoy the season and have a beautiful December. Keep Baking :)))))
" Banana & Carrot Muffins - Eggless"
3/4th cup whole wheat flour
3/4th cup self raising flour
1and 1/2 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp soda bi carb
1 cup grated carrots
2 tbsp raisins
1/2 cup butter - softened
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 cup powdered sugar
2 ripe bananas - mashed or blended in a mixer
1/3 cup milk ( approx)
Note : You can frost these muffins with fresh cream or butter icing and then decorate with grated carrots and serve. The texture will be little soft and dense as we have used whole wheat in the recipe.