I had shared Saffron Modaks recipe last year and this time i tried a new recipe. Today I am sharing a lovely & yummy recipe of Coconut Modaks.
I made these modaks to take as bhog for Dagdusheth Ganpati in Pune.
They say that when you make something to offer to god, you dont have to worry about the taste as it will turn out divine. To my surprise and happiness, the modaks came out exactly like I wanted and were a hit with everyone there. I can assure you that you will get immense praise and appreciation for these sinful modaks.
Enjoy the recipe and enjoy the festival.
" Coconut Modaks"
- Take coconut,milk powder and milkmaid in a deep non stick pan. Mix well and then put it on the gas to cook on low flame. Keep stirring and mixing all three ingredients
- Add saffron strands, colour,cardamom powder and kewda essence. Mix well
- Once the mixture leaves the sides switch off the gas. If you overcook, the coconut will start changing colour so avoid that
- Let it cool down for few minutes.
- Make small balls and shape them like modaks. Roll each modak in dessicated coconut powder and arrange on a plate.
- Serve fresh. You can store these modaks for upto a week.