- Mash the banana and mix with egg whites, oil and vanilla essence in a bowl
- Mix flour, brown sugar,cinnamon,baking powder,salt and baking soda together.
- Add this flour mixture to the banana mix slowly and keep mixing to form a smooth batter
- You can add little milk if the batter is not smooth and of dropping consistency
- Line a muffin tray with paper cups or grease it with little oil
- Drop spoonful of batter in muffin cups and bake in the preheated oven at 180* for 20 minutes
- Check with a toothpick or knife if cooked.
Thursday, 14 February 2013
Cupid visited me today and wanted to eat some fresh homemade cupcakes :)
Its Valentine's day and there is way too much romance in the air. Everyone is celebrating this special day in their own special ways and I started mine with some baking today.
I wanted to bake something simple, healthy yet cute for my better half. So here is a special Valentine recipe for Whole Wheat Cupcakes with Simple Butter glaze icing.
You can just opt for the plain cupcakes if you want to go completely healthy. Yet you can cover it up with any frosting of your choice and make them taste and look more wonderful for any occassion.
Hope you enjoy the recipe and have a Happy Valentines Day !!!!
" Valentine Whole Wheat Cupcakes"
2 bananas - ripe
1/3 cup olive / vegetable oil ( prefer olive though)
4 egg whites
1 tsp vanilla essence or extract
2 and 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
For icing on the cupcakes, you can opt for Royal butter icing, Whipped cream icing, Marzipan or fondant icing, etc.
I made a simple icing by whipping 50 gms butter with 125 gms icing sugar, 3 tsps milk and a drop of pink colour. Once its smooth and whipped spread on the cupcakes and decorate with sugar pearly and cherries.
Let it set for sometime and serve.