Biscuits and cookies are an integral part of every kitchen cupboard. I cant imagine having tea without cookies on any day. I usually stock up on different flavoured cream biscuits and sweet & salt ones. So this time I thought of making some different ones at home. Todays recipe is of a Goan teatime cookie called Bolinhas. These cookies are absolutely flourless and light and chewy. They taste best with a cup of tea or a scoop of icecream on a sunny day. You can prepare a lot many and store in an airtight container for upto a week.
- Beat the egg till light and fluffy. Cream the butter.Add the egg,semolina,sugar,chopped cashews,cardamom powder and salt and mix well.
- Set this mixture aside for atleast eight hours to ferment.
- After eight hours add the coconut and mix well.
- Line a baking tray with butter or parchment paper.
- Bake small balls of the mixture and flatten slightly to shape like a cookie. Arrange on the baking tray.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180*C for around 15-20 minutes till light golden brown.