Note : Do not overcook the cookies else they will get hard and burnt. Also you will need to keep a watch while baking as once the oven is hot, the second batch might bake in around 8 minutes.
- Preheat the oven at 190*C for ten minutes before baking. Line baking sheets with baking or parchment paper ( Do not bake without the baking paper as the cookies will stick to the tray and break while lifting)
- Take a bowl and add flour,baking powder,salt and cardamom powder. Mix well.
- Add sugar,butter,egg and milk. Whisk well to form a smooth dropping batter. Add vanilla essence and mix.Once its throughly mixed add raisins and mix.
- Now take a deep spoon and drop small cookie sized drops on the baking sheets. ( Do not drop bigger portions as the cookies will expand while baking. Also keep a good space between cookies to give them area to expand).
- Bake these cookies in the preheated oven for around 10 mins till golden brown from sides and light brown on top.
- Remove from oven and let them cool before removing from the paper. ( Do not remove when hot as they will crack)
- Once cool remove and store in an air tight container. As it contains egg consume them within two to three days or else store in refrigerator after two days.
Thursday, 15 August 2013
Happy Independence Day people.
I like to play with different dryfruits while baking as they provide a lot of texture and taste to the whole recipe. Raisins, almonds, cashews,walnuts,pinenuts,dates,figs,pecans,etcetc. You can use any of these magical ingredients or a mix of them and convert your plain and dull cookies and cakes into something marvellous that will be devoured by elders and kids at all times.
Today I am sharing a simple homestyle and damn easy recipe of Raisin cookies. All you need is simple cookie ingredients and some golden raisins to bake these fancies.
Enjoy the sweet raisins recipe and have a wonderful day.
" Raisin Golden Cookies"
1 cup self raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
a pinch of salt
1/2 cup brown sugar or normal caster sugar
5-6 tbsp soft butter
1 small egg
few tbsp of milk ( around 1/8th cup)
5-6 drops of vanilla essence
1/2 cup golden raisins
1 tsp cardamom powder