- For making the small rasgullas, boil milk in a heavy bottom pan. As soon as it comes to a boil, add lemon juice and on slow heat keep stirring. It will curdle completely. ( Cottage cheese will be seperate from the liquid)
- Drain the cheese and wash it in running water. Dry the cheese in a muslin cloth or sieve for an hour.
- Knead the cottage cheese thoroughly to form a smooth and pliable dough. Make very tiny small balls and keep aside.
- In a pressure cooker, add water and bring it to a boil. Add the cheese balls and close the lid.
- Steam them for one whistle and let it cook on slow heat for 7-8 mins. ( you can boil them in a heavy bottom pan in boiling water for 15-20 mins)
- Remove and drain from the water and keep aside.
- To make the pudding, heat milk in a heavy pan. Once it reduces to half, add khoya and sugar. Stir well and cook in slow flame to form a thick sauce. Add saffron strands soaked in warm milk, cardamom powder,rose essence. Mix well. Prepare a thick creamy pudding sauce.
- Turn off the heat and add the rasgullas in the creamy liquid. Stir and garnish with dry fruits.
- Let them soak for few hours. Chill in refrigerator before serving.
Monday, 2 September 2013
Small Rasgulla Pudding
September has arrived and with it comes the superb time of festivals. Ganpati is all set to step in next monday and I can see decoration and pandal work going on everywhere. During this time my cakes take a small backseat as desi indian sweets come to the fore. A little indulgence for everyone and a time to celebrate and enjoy with our loved ones.
Today I'll share a milk based recipe which is superbly delicious and easy to make.
Small Rasgulla Pudding. I have made the small rasgullas ( sweet milk dumplings) from scratch, but if you are short on time then you can get readymade rasgullas and make this dessert. If you buy from outside then boil them in water for few minutes to remove the sugar syrup and sieve and keep aside.
Hope you enjoy the recipe :)
"Small Rasgulla Pudding"
For small Rasgullas ( Milk Dumplings)
4 cups milk
2 tbsp lemon juice
4 cups water
For the pudding
2 cups milk
1/2 cup khoya ( dried whole milk)
1 cup sugar - powdered
few saffron strands
1 tbsp cardamom powder
few drops rose essence
Dry fruits for garnishing
Note : you can add or reduce sugar as per your tastebuds. If you are using readymade rasgullas then dont add sugar in the pudding.